Most Americans are aware that mold is toxic to overall personal health and to the health of a house, but many are not sure how to detect it.
Hopefully, this list will help you determine if mold is a possibility. However, the only way to accurately assess the amount of mold in your home is to test for it.
If you see any of the following signs below, contact Crest Exteriors for mold testing.
One of the simplest ways to determine if mold is growing inside or outside your home is by the smell. Mold on the outside of your house often smells stale, but mold on the inside smells musty and damp. A mold smell is not something to ignore. If you think you smell mold, have it taken care of before it becomes a pervasive problem.
Of course, if you see mold, then you know for sure that SOME mold exists. The question is, “How much?” It would be easy to assume that what you see is what you get, but unfortunately, this is not always the case. It’s the mold you CAN’T see that is often the scariest.
Current or previous leaks are often the indicator that mold is present. Whether it was a leaky pipe or a leak in the roof, these often produce moisture in overlooked places.
Water intrusion can take on many forms. Whether a sewer line is backed up, a pipe breaks, or flooding occurs from an outside building, each problem can lead to mold if not cleaned carefully and completely. Often these problems cannot be spotted immediately, which leads to the probability of mold.
If your house has been in a flood there’s a good chance you will end up with a mold problem. After a flood the best thing you can do is contact a mold remediation company or water damage specialist who performs clean ups of flooded homes.
This way you can be sure that all mold problems will be properly taken care of. You will also have the peace of mind of knowing that your home will be completely safe to continue living in after it’s been professionally remediated.
Black mold is known for causing the most damage to our bodies because it contains mycotoxins that affect our skin, respiratory functions, and more. There is no cure or antidote which can be taken for toxic black mold. The only solution is to remove the toxic black mold from your environment. Once you are away from toxic black mold your body will start to recover and most of your symptoms should go away over time. However some of the damage from toxic black mold can be permanent.